Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Spreading Christmas Cheer!

This year, in lieu of a traditional Christmas gift exchange between students (giftcards, books, secret santa, dirty santa, etc) We are going to be giving gifts to people around our school who might not otherwise be recognized. Each second grade class is giving gifts to a different set of people such as: related arts teachers, grade-level assistants, special education assistants, cafeteria staff, office staff, janitors, and bus drivers. For one week, we will recognize these people by giving them a small gift every day. Instead of buying gifts, students were asked to bring in supplies for these gifts. Here is the list of gifts we are giving this year:

Monday:  *a bag of Hershey Kisses (We wish you a Merry Kissmas!)
Tuesday: * a bag of popcorn and a coke (Popping in to wish you a Merry Christmas!)
Wednesday: * Hot Chocolate (Warm Wishes for a Merry Christmas!)
Thursday: * A single serving pack of Crystal Light Lemonade and a bottle of water
                     (You light up our Lives!)

My class is giving gifts to the bus drivers. Each day a group of 5 or so students will get to deliver the gifts to the bus drivers. I am so excited about doing this! When doing gift exchanges students often get upset because they do not get the gift they wanted, or get something they already have. This way all students get to GIVE a gift and no one will be upset about what they GET!




I have posted Christmas Gift Exchange Tags on my TPT store for FREE! If you like this idea and want to do this in your classroom Please feel free to use my tags! Click HERE to get the tags!

3 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Go to my blog to find out what it is.
    http://secondgradebutfirstclass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jodi! I am so glad to see that I am not the only first year teacher out there trying to make it in the blogging world! I have to say you are doing much better than I am. ;) I just came across your blog tonight and love it! I am now a follower!! I hope your first year is going great!

    borntoshapeminds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete