Monday, September 10, 2012

Inflected Endings

This week we are learning about inflected ending; -s, -ed, and -ing. This is always a really hard concept for my students to grasp. I think that the hardest part for my students is realizing that when you add "ed", you are not just adding a "d", but dropping the e and adding ed. This is a skill that we study twice a year. Last spring, I created this pack to teach inflected endings.
 
 
This product includes posters for teaching inflected endings such as adding ed and ing. Chants are also included that are helpful in teaching the rules for doubling consonants and dropping the silent e. There are also 2 games that are great for center or workstation activities. These games are super fun! My students loved them!
 
We learn these fun chants to help us remember the rules for inflected endings.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment