Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Doors, Doors, Doors Galore!

One thing I ABSOLUTELY love about teaching is setting up my classroom! Last year, I did an interim for a teacher who ended up not coming back so... LUCKY me! I get to stay! Last year I did a little bit of decorating but not much because I wasn't sure if she would be coming back, and I did not want to spend a lot of money doing a room I might not be in. This year however, I am not holding anything back! I am so excited to get my room ready!! I feel like decorating your classroom is kind of like baking a cake. You can't read and search for the best cake recipe until you have a kitchen full of all the necessary supplies. Also, to enjoy baking the cake, you need to have a clean organized kitchen set up just the way you like it inorder for the cake baking to be smooth and efficient. Just like a classroom right? Well I've decided on a theme, and Kinda know what I want to do, but I wanted to share with you all some of the other classroom themes and doors in my school. Once you see these you will understand the pressure I am under to do something fabulous!!

6 comments:

  1. WOW!! Those doors are amazing!! Are some of them painted on or are they all done with paper/fabric? Whew! I imagine you are under pressure, but I'm sure you'll pull it off! :) I think I'd have to hire someone! lol

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amanda! Yea a lot of them are painted on, and some of the teachers did pay people to do their doors. I am not an artist or have the means to pay someone so we'll see what I come up with!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness those doors are amazing! I can see why you feel like you have to go all out! We don't do our doors like that, but each of our grade levels decorates the walls, etc. outside of our room! We are your newest followers and would love it if you want to check us out sometime!
    Katie & Lisen
    wearesecondgradesmartypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen pictures of schools that decorate their halls... may be yours! I am heading over to your blog now! Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. we can't have anything on our doors! I told the fire Marshall it felt like we were teaching in Attica! No curtains, nothing from ceiling, nothing 3 feet in front of windows, nothing on doors, nothing less than two cinder blocks down on the walls! uhg!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH my goodness!! You guys have a very strict fire Marshall! We aren't allowed to have more than 3/4's of our walls covered... weird rule if you ask me. We also aren't supposed to hang things from the ceiling, but we usually just take the stuff down before he comes and then it goes right back up...

      Delete